Subscribing to Expert Insights
Expert Insights is a monthly report that will give you deeper visibility into the health and performance of your email program. This report equips you with the data and insights you need to reach the inbox and increase your email ROI. See an example of Expert Insights report.
Expert Insights is designed to help you:
- Understand your performance trends in an easy-to-understand, shareable format.
- Identify areas of improvement with in-depth data on the factors that impact deliverability.
- Know exactly what to do if you run into an issue with step-by-step instructions from our experts.
How Expert Insights Works
Expert Insights analyzes your email funnel, providing visibility into how your email is performing as it is sent, delivered, opened, and clicked by your recipients. The report highlights any potential leakage points (for example, blocked emails) and opportunities to improve deliverability and engagement based on our deep expertise in email. This report spans a calendar month. Throughout the report, we compare data period-to-period (30-days to the previous 30-days).
To get the most out of Expert Insights, we recommend that customers have click- and open-tracking enabled and that customers use categories to separate their email data.
For privacy reasons, your first Expert Insights report will cover 37 days of data or as much time as you’ve been a SendGrid customer. If you're a new customer, SendGrid will populate areas of the report that look back past 37 days over time.
Categories will be stored as a “Not PII” field and may be used for counting or other operations as SendGrid runs its systems. These fields generally cannot be redacted or removed. You should take care not to place PII in this field. SendGrid does not treat this data as PII, and its value may be visible to SendGrid employees, stored long-term, and may continue to be stored after you’ve left SendGrid’s platform.
Categories help organize your email analytics by enabling you to tag emails you send by topics you define. We recommend using 3-5 categories so we can provide more detailed email analytics in your Expert Insights report.
Reports are generated per subuser. Please reach out to our Sales team to purchase reports for multiple subusers.
How to Subscribe to Expert Insights
- Before you purchase Expert Insights, you will need to determine the subusers that you want to us to run a report on and where we should email the reports. We can send your reports to up to 3 email addresses.
- Pro customers can purchase Expert Insights directly on their Billing page. If you’re a Premier customer, please contact sales or speak to your Customer Success Manager to purchase Expert Insights.
- After you complete your purchase, you will receive your first report at the email addresses you’ve provided us as well as at your account administration email address within 1-2 business days. Moving forward, Expert Insights will appear on your regular monthly invoice. If you purchase the report before the first of the month, prorated charges for your report will appear on your next invoice, as well as the full charge for next month’s report.
- We will send your monthly report to the emails you’ve provided us at the beginning of each month.
Currently, only Pro and Premier accounts can purchase Expert Insights.
Need additional help? SendGrid's team of Email Consultants have over 95 years of combined email experience. If you're having any email issues or would like advice on how to optimize engagement, talk to one of our consultants today.
Managing Your Expert Insights Subscription
Please reach out to our Support team at any time to change the email recipients of your monthly reports or the subuser that the report pertains to.
- Pro customers can cancel their Expert Insights directly on their Billing page.
- Premier customers should reach out to their Customer Success Manager to cancel their subscription.
- If you cancel your Expert Insights subscription, you will no longer receive monthly reports. This change is reflected on your invoice in the following month.
- If you have would like to cancel your subscription for a specific user or users, please contact our Support team.
You will still receive a report if you have paid for a report this month but have not yet received it. This will be your final report. We will immediately stop collecting your data after your last report. While you can always re-purchase Expert Insights through our Sales Team, note that you will see a gap in your report data if you do so.
Need some help?
We all do sometimes. Get help now from the Twilio SendGrid Support Team.
Running into a coding hurdle? Lean on the wisdom of the crowd by browsing the SendGrid tag on Stack Overflow or visiting Twilio's Stack Overflow Collective.