Higher volume users may not have access to the new Email Activity Feed yet. For information about the legacy Email Activity Feed, see Legacy Email Activity.
The Email Activity Feed allows you to view a snapshot of recent email-related activity events associated with your account and any subusers. It makes the delivery flow of each message visible, which expedites troubleshooting. The additional Email Activity history add-on extends event access up to 30 days.
With the Email Activity feed you can:
- Troubleshoot email delivery issues faster with comprehensive and sequential event data by email message.
- Pinpoint specific emails easily with advanced search and filter options--including subject line and email metadata.
- Customize your data independently with the CSV download/export option.
- View up to 30 days of history when you purchase an upgrade.
- Call all events by an email message from the API when you purchase additional storage.
Reseller accounts and extra high volume accounts do not have access to the new Email Activity Feed. For information about the legacy Email Activity Feed, see Legacy Email Activity
The Email Activity Feed allows you to view specific information about messages sent from your account.
|Processed||Requests from your website, application, or mail client via SMTP Relay or the API that SendGrid processed.|
|Clicks||Whenever a recipient clicks one of the Click Tracked links in your email. In the Email History, SendGrid displays the date, time, and the URL for the link that was clicked.|
|Delivered||The accepted response generated by the recipients' mail server.|
|Opens||The response generated by a recipient opening an email.|
|Unsubscribes||Whenever a recipient unsubscribes from your emails.|
|Group Unsubscribes||Whenever a recipient unsubscribes from a suppression group.|
|Group Resubscribes||When a recipient resubscribes themselves to a suppression group.|
|Deferred||The recipient mail server asked SendGrid to stop sending emails so fast.|
|Drops||SendGrid will drop an email when the contact on that email is in one of your suppression groups, the recipient email previously bounced, or that recipient has marked your email as spam.|
|Bounces||The receiving server could not or would not accept the message. If a recipient has previously unsubscribed from your emails, your attempt to send to them is bounced.|
|Blocks||When your IP address has been blocked by an ISP or messaging organization. Blocks are less severe than bounces and do not result in permanent suppressions: subsequent sends to blocked email addresses are not automatically suppressed.|
|Spam Reports||Whenever a recipient marks your email as spam and their mail server tells us about it.|
Parse events are not available within the Activity Feed. Please utilize your parse endpoint to determine whether or not these events are posting properly.
The Email Activity Feed lists each email sent. Click on each email to view the current list of triggered events for that email. Use our basic or advanced search to filter by email subject, recipients, or event types.
The email address field filters with an approximate, or fuzzy, search. The date field filters events within the specified date range.
To filter by event type, like in the legacy Email Activity Feed, use Advanced search, select Event Type, and choose an event type to filter by.
In addition to viewing the email activity associated with your account by recipient email address, domain, or event date, you can also use the following filters to sort your data:
- API Key ID
- API Key Name
- Campaign ID
- Campaign Name
- Date Processed
- Event Type (Bounced, Clicked, etc.)
- From Email Address
- Message ID
- Number of Clicks
- Number of Opens
- Requesting IP Address
- Sending IP Address
- Status (Delivered, Not Delivered, Processing)
- Subject Line
- To Email Address
- Transactional Template ID
- Transactional Template Name
- Unsubscribe Group ID
- Unsubscribe Group Name
To use advanced search:
- At the top of the Activity Feed page, click Advanced search.
- In the field on the far left, select the criteria to filter your event data.
- Once you have filled in all of the fields associated with that filter, click Search. To add additional search criteria, click Add a Filter.
To further narrow your search results:
- Search emails by any of the following - This search will return more results and will pull in all events that meet one or more of the criterion specified by the selected filters.
- Search emails by all of the following - This search will return fewer results and will pull in events that meet every criteria specified by the selected filters.
To view event history:
- Navigate to the event you wish to view, and click on the entry. Once the entry loads, you can click into each of the sections to view more details of each email message.
- When you have finished reviewing the data, click Close.
To export a CSV:
- In the top right corner of the activity feed, click Export CSV. This triggers an email to the email address associated with your SendGrid account.
- Open the email and then click Download.
Want deeper data and insights? With SendGrid Email Insights Reports, you’ll get access to more data about your email performance plus customized insights from a deliverability consultant.