If you do not want to use Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) when setting up a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for click and open tracking, you can set up a custom SSL configuration.
Before adding a custom SSL configuration, you need to set up link branding on your account.
To add a custom SSL configuration:
- Prepare a proxy to receive all inbound traffic at your link branded domain and forward it to
- Configure the proxy to use HTTP or HTTPS.
- For HTTPS, you must provide your proxy with a valid SSL certificate for your link branded domain.
- To forward traffic from an inbound email, you will need to set the
Host HTTP headerwith your link branded domain.
- Point the CNAME record at your hosting provider to your proxy. For example,
CNAME mailing.example.com proxy.example.com.
Do NOT validate the DNS record more than once. After changing the CNAME a second time, the second validation attempt will fail, and the authentication will stop working.
Contact Twilio SendGrid Support to enable SSL click and open tracking.
When adding a custom SSL configuration, you may run into errors. The section below will help you troubleshoot some of the most common issues customers encounter.
If your links are producing the following error, you have likely validated the branded link more than once:
You have clicked on an invalid link. Please make sure that you have typed the link correctly. If you are copying this link from a mail reader please ensure that you have copied all the lines in the link.
To fix the "Wrong Link" error, you must do the following:
- Remove the records from your custom proxy and then reinstall the DNS records. Once this is done, click Verify once. If you click Verify more than once, your branded link will break.
- Go to Settings > Tracking and enable click tracking.