An email service provider provides transactional and marketing email services.
An Email Service Provider (ESP) is a service organization that provides transactional and/or marketing email services.
Most ESPs include features that allow customers to:
- Upload and maintain subscriber lists
- Schedule and send marketing campaigns
- Manage transactional email
- Improve email deliverability
- Monitor statistics of your email campaigns
ESPs like SendGrid also provide expertise on increasing your email deliverability, preserving your sending reputation. They may utilize features and tools to accomplish this, such as:
An ESP may provide email services via a user interface (UI), or may also be an SMTP provider. SendGrid provides both services.